October 24

Seattle Trip

This last weekend my dad and I went to Seattle for a soccer tournament. I was going to play two games, against Washington Premier and Issaquah Gunners. We drove up there on Friday, with my friend Hansi, who is on my team. When we got up there, we checked in to our room. Then we went to the shuffleboard court across the street. We played for about an hour with my friend Kyle, who also got up there early. Then, we had dinner at a Thai restaurant. It was delicious! The next morning I saw the rest of my teammates and we got prepared for our first game against Washington Premier. Our team played hard but unfortunately they won 1-0. After the game we went back and watched some soccer and chilled out in our rooms. Later, we had dinner the hotel and watched the USA-Mexico game. Mexico won 3-2 in overtime. After  the game we went up to our rooms and went to bed. The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel buffet. Then we got ready for our second game. The field was very muddy, since it had rained hard last night. Unfortunately, they won 1-0. After the game, me and my friend Kyle had lunch at the Tipsy Cow Burger Barn. The milkshakes and burgers there were awesome. Then my dad and I drove back to Portland to attend another soccer practice, this time for RTC. After the practice I was very tired after a long weekend of soccer.

20150623163944084366wide

Posted October 24, 2015 by owencaba in category Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “Seattle Trip

1. Big Daddy

Dear Owen – It sure was fun to watch you play. How did you like the big fields? What was the biggest challenge playing 11 on 11 versus playing 9 versus 9? How did you like playing in the mud?

Reply
  2. owencaba (Post author)

Thank you for your comment BD. It was fun playing too. I liked the bigger fields because we could dribble take people on, and play through balls. The biggest challenge was experimenting with different formations, and learning how to use your energy wisely. I did not like playing in the mud, especially with our white jerseys. But overall, it was a fun trip!

Reply