October 24

Athey Idol

Have you ever watched the TV show American Idol? At my school, we do something similar, called Athey Idol. It is a chance for students at our school to sing in front of parents, teachers and fellow classmates. There were 31 acts, and a couple of the songs included, “Photograph”, “Keep Your Head Up”, “Say, Say, Say”, and “Still Haven’t Found what I’m Looking For.” There were about 300 people in attendance. I sat with a few of my friends. My good friend Caden performed “Say, Say, Say” with his brother. They did a great job! A couple of my other friends also performed and they were really good singers. The audience voted for their favorite act. Even though there was only one winner, all of them deserved to win. If you ever have the chance to go, I would suggest attending, because you will have a great time! (If you’re wondering, Caden is the one with the hat in the picture below.)

FullSizeRender

Posted October 24, 2015 by owencaba in category Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “Athey Idol

1. Big Daddy

Dear Owen – I really like how it sounds like you supported all the singers. It’s not easy to get up in front of strangers and sing. I really admire people who can do that. What song would you sing if you were going to do Athey Idol?

Reply
  2. owencaba (Post author)

Thank you for your comment BD. I agree that it would be hard to sing in front of so many people. They were very good.If I did Athey idol, I would probably do a pop song that a lot of people knew so at least they would know the lyrics, and not be like, “What is this song?”

Reply